The Number You Have Dialed Is Unallocated? – Fixed 2022 | SBNR
When you are calling someone and you get a pre-recorded voice that says “ the subscriber you have dialed is not in service”, it kind of gets awkward because the first thing you think is ‘am I blocked?’. But there are many other reasons that can lead to this awkward feeling. And it can be fixed.
In this article, we will talk about the issue and ways of fixing it. We will also suggest some tricks that you can use on others to avoid calls. They will too hear ‘the number you dialed is not a working number’ while trying to blow up your phone.
Let’s dive in and see what is the solution for the number you have dialed is unallocated. But before that let’s read the cause.
What Causes ‘The Number You Are Trying To Reach Is Out Of Service’?
There are many reasons why you have to listen to this.
- The woman on the other side of the call can start saying ‘the number you have dialed is not in service’ because the call got disconnected from the service provider. Or maybe the number you dialed has missed a digit.
- This call intercept message can be played over the phone even if you haven’t misdialed anyone, then why? Maybe the system has misdialed you. Yeah, it can happen. Systems are AI, so depending on it with eyes closed is foolish. It happens because the pressure on phone lines gets heavier under an area code. Even repeatedly calling on the same number can also say the number you have dialed is unallocated. Therefore, take a break and then call again. Make sure the number is correct.
- The next reason is very simple, you have been given the wrong number. Maybe the girl didn’t like you, or the guy didn’t consider you to be eligible enough for the job, but out of politeness, they had to give a number. Always call on the number on the spot in front of the person who has given it to you.
- The call intercept message ‘the number you have dialed is unallocated’ also has another side, maybe the owner of the number hasn’t recharged his phone, or might have missed the date.
- A fake number can also lead you to this call intercept message. Certain business companies and hospitals do this so that you cannot reach them.
- Doesn’t matter how many times you get to listen to the same call intercept message, remember it is just a system fault and the person you are calling might not be doing this intentionally. So as long as you have the right number you can reach him or her.
To Fix The Number You Have Dialed Is Unallocated:
Every problem must have a solution, so does this one. Here are 4 ways to fix this.
Fix 1: If It’s Spam, Report It
There are times when you get a call from an unknown number, but you cannot receive it because of the work pressure. So you call the number back after a while and the number you have dialed is unallocated’ is all you get.
Don’t worry it isn’t an important call, it’s probably a telemarketer calling you or a spammer. So, the moment you realize that this number is spamming you, report it to the Federal Trade Commission or just simply block the number. Smartphones of all companies now have this option built-in.
Fix 2: Call Forwarding Can Lead You To The Call Intercept Message
Take a look at the screen while calling someone, if it says ‘call forwarding’, before getting the call intercept message ‘the number you have dialed is unallocated, then it’s sure that the person has forwarded your call to an invalid one.
To fix it you can text them. This might help him know that by mistake your number has been forwarded or maybe not. Either way sending a message helps.
Fix 3: Try Sometime Later
Sometimes the call intercept messages reach you because of the heavy pressure the phone lines are carrying at the moment. So it is better if you wait for a while like minutes to hours.
Sometimes giving a gap can fix the broken network all by itself. This can also happen to a number if it is getting ported from one carrier to another.
Fix 4: The Number Can Be Incorrect
It happens with all of us when we swap numbers by mistake. Missing out a digit or just swapping them can make you hear the number you have dialed is unallocated.
To fix it, note down the number, check it once. Another way to confirm if it’s really a wrong number is to call the same number from another cell, if it rings then check your phone and if not then you might have copied it wrong in the first place.
Tricks To Keep Your Phone Out Of Service
Sometimes we need these tricks to avoid unbearable situations
1. Airplane Mode
If you want some time for yourself or you are in a meeting just tap on the airplane mode option on your phone. This will make you unreachable, and people will think it’s happening due to the network. Though I am not the only one to crack this jackpot, people still blame it on the network.
2. Switch The Mobile Network
This one is also a good one. Go to System Settings on your phone, find out Network settings. Then click on the Manual Selection and choose any network that doesn’t belong to you. Watch yourself becoming unreachable. You can again do the same process and Disable the setting if you don’t want to play around anymore.
3. Play The SIM Card
Want people to hear the number you are trying is not reachable at the moment?. Cool, remove your SIM card, and insert it back again. The full process of this jugglery is to switch off our phone after removing the SIM card and then put it back in, this will definitely stop people from reaching you. The calls will start coming once you start your device.
4. Dethrone The Battery
Last but not least, this trick works every time. Get your phone to take out the battery, without switching off the device. Now, call yourself from another cell. ‘The number you are trying is currently unreachable’ is this the call intercept message you are hearing?.
Wrapping It All Up
Sometimes getting tricked and tricking somebody is just the way of life. Besides being blocked there are other reasons for hearing the number you have dialed is unallocated. It is quite normal and people do take this normally. If it bothers you much then we have elaborated this article on 4 ways to fix it. Try them out.
The tricks that are mentioned above should not be read in front of children, because you never know what goes and comes out of that tiny head.
Leave a comment below.
Small Business News Room – A platform of business owners, Reporters, entrepreneurs, writers, engaged readers and bloggers to read, write and support stories or ideas and share experiences.