Gone are the days when businesses used to sell products by building a false rapport with the customers. Those sales talks will never be able to take you far. If you are quite familiar with responses like “No thank you. I am not interested” or “Just mail me the details”, it is high time that you step up your sales talk track.
66% of the buyers report that relevant and consistent communication is one of the major factors that stirs their decision to purchase from you.
Powerful language is what drives effective selling. If you want to build a value of that kind from the bottom, you need to immediately improve your sales talk track. The better talk track you have, the better your script is going to be, and in the end, your sales conversation will be a lot better.
What Is A Talk Track?
A sales talk track is a “checklist planned to assist you during a call with your prospect.” A talk track is a combination of shortlists of information or concepts that sales representatives use when they talk to a prospect to cover all the important points about the product or service.
The main purpose of a sales talk track is to make sure that by the time the call ends, you have every detail and critical information about the prospect to be able to set an agenda and take the discussion further.
Without having a planned talk track, it is next to impossible to move forward.
If you wish to increase the revenue generation from the sales team but you are not even considering an effective sales talk track, you are going to miss every chance of doing so.
Structuring A Sales Talk Track
Talk track is not something that happens impromptu. You first need to plan and structure it according to the product. Here are some points you need to keep in mind if you are using talk track in a sales conversation:
- You must prepare the talk track beforehand.
- Cover every single section from the talk track.
- Because sales calls have a comparatively shorter duration, you need to keep track of the time and make yourself ready to be able to cover every important section.
Here is how you can structure your sales conversations:
There are four major components of a sales talk track – opener, qualification, presentation, and closing. There are mini steps in each of these components.
Opener of Sales Talk Track
This is the very first step of it. You start this by thanking the customer for meeting you. Do not just jump straight into the agenda or discuss the product right away.
Give the customer a chance to speak about themselves. For example, ask them what role they have in the conversation or what their everyday life looks like.
Then, slowly move the conversation smoothly into the qualification component.
This is where you frame the conversation of the buyer and what challenges they face. The qualification component of the sales talk track puts focus on the goals, challenges, and responsibilities of the buyer.
Here are a couple of suggestions you need to research before making the call:
- Visit the website of the customer. It will help you understand the strategic issues of the buyer and how your product is going to weave in with what they sell.
- Supplement the same research with your personal takeaways from different case studies or examples from within the same industry.
Develop a question set depending on the research that could support your pitch to be able to understand your buyers and what problems they face better.
Leverage the insights that you got from the call with the buyer. This will help you figure out the buyer’s need to be able to position what you are offering. The main purpose of this is to be able to get the acceptance of the customers to help your selling procedure.
- Understand the concerns of your buyers thoroughly.
- Keep yourself ready for whatever questions the buyers are going to ask.
- Try addressing any questions or concerns directly. If you do not know the answer to any of the queries, keep them informed that you will come back with the correct answer soon.
Once you get to understand the buyer and what they need, give a sales demo to demonstrate your product, followed by a sales pitch to support all your statements. A positive response from the demo will take you to a much stern position from where you initially started.
Once you look for the right information about the stakeholders, finish the conversation with the important information you need to be able to qualify for moving the sales process forward.
How Do You Make A Talking Track?
Here are the eight key steps that will help you improve your sales talk track:
- Focus just on one solution. This will help you avoid information overload.
- Finish each of the sales pitches with a fair commitment to the next step.
- Listen accurately and try to learn from your prospect.
- Make use of smart technologies to improve your sales.
- Ask unique questions to surprise your prospect.
- Never miss out on personalization.
- Leave behind the generic sales jargon.
- Organize all of your ideas.
Frequently Asked Questions!! (FAQs)
Ans. A talk track is typically a script that helps you effectively sell a product. It is important to have it handy. It will make sure that you are able to effectively communicate with the prospects and close the sales.
Ans. Call scripts are more like an approach that fits everyone. Every sales representative must stick to the call script regardless of what the prospects say. They assume that the call script will fetch them a high rate of success. In contrast, talk tracks offer just one direction for the sales representative to follow.
The Bottom Line
The sales talk track is a very important part of the business. The sales team is responsible for generating the maximum revenue for a business. Therefore, the sales representative will have to always make sure that they are putting enough effort into their talk track to grab the maximum number of prospects and engage them in conversations to turn them into customers.
Upasana is a budding journalist who has a keen interest in writing. She considers writing as therapeutic and is most confident when she writes. She is passionate about music, movies and fashion. She writes in a way that connects with the audience in a personal level. She is optimistic, fun loving and opinionated.