PayPal has slowly become one of the best online payment systems in the USA. Due to its easy linking with bank accounts, millions of people in the USA have started this online payment system. However, even if PayPal has been in the market for so long, many people still don’t know about the PayPal key.
If you have a MasterCard Debit or Credit card, you can pay your bills using this key from PayPal. But why not pay typically using PayPal? This is because even if you find a shop that doesn’t accept payments using PayPal but accepts Mastercard payments – you can use PayPal Key in these shops instead to make payments!
To learn about this feature of PayPal, keep reading this post until the end!
What Is PayPal Key?
Now, you can create your virtual credit and debit card using PayPal Key. It is a virtual card for PayPal users directly linked to your account.
One of the best things about this card is that you can use this card as a debit or credit card even in shops that do not accept PayPal payments. However, as long as they accept debit and credit cards (preferably MasterCard), you can use this PayPal card or PayPal key instead as a credit or debit card!
Another great use of this PayPal Key is that you can access all your bank accounts since you are linking it with your account. As long as you have your bank accounts linked with your PayPal account, you can use your PayPal Key to pay from your bank accounts and even your PayPal wallet!
But why is it called a PayPal Key and not a PayPal Card, even though it virtually functions as one?
This is because you also have a PayPal Key number, just like your account number. This “key” number is a 16-digit number reminiscent of a bank account number. In addition, just like an actual debit or credit card, it has a 4-digit PIN code and an expiration number!
Where Can You Use PayPal Key?
Your PayPal Key is usable anywhere, allowing you to pay using your Mastercard Debit or Credit card. Apart from paying with Amazon PayPal, you can also enter your 16-digit PayPal Key to make payments!
However, the only downside to using the PayPal key is that its services are available only in the US. If you have a PayPal account and reside outside the USA, you cannot make purchases using your PayPal virtual card number. You can use this at Walmart Auto Care centers too!
How to Get Your PayPal Key?
If you have a PayPal account and wish to start using a PayPal Key, here’s what you need to do:
- First, log in to your PayPal account on their website.
- Then, at the top, you will see their logo on the corners of the page. Click on it to open up more options.
- In this options section, navigate to Payment Methods and click on it.
- Next, click on the PayPal Key option.
- Now, enter the details on the screen as requested. After inputting the requested details, click Agree and Get Your Key to finish this process!
After doing so, you will get an email in your Paypal registered email inbox stating your 16-digit PayPal Key number and the pin for using it.
How To Use PayPal Key To Make Purchases?
After getting your PayPal key from the steps I have explained above, it’s time for you to start making payments! It’s best to use PayPal Key from online stores like Amazon to get the hang of it first.
Therefore, if you wish to make payments after filling up your Amazon cart, here’s what you need to do:
- After filling up your Amazon shopping cart, click on Proceed to Checkout.
- In the list of all the payment methods that will be shown to you, click on Add Debit Or Credit Card.
- Now, open another tab (or app if you are using your smartphone) to open PayPal (or the PayPal App) and have a look at your 16-digit PayPal Key and copy it.
- Paste your 16-digit PayPal Key on Amazon as your credit or debit card number.
- Next, enter its expiration date and your name, which can also be seen using the PayPal app or website).
- Then, click on Add Card and continue to pay.
When you make payments in physical shops, you only need to give the shopkeeper your 16-digit PayPal Key instead of your debit or credit card. While paying, share your PayPal pin to confirm the payment.
PayPal Key – Things You Should Know About
To get the most out of your PayPal Key, here are some things that you should know about:
- You cannot use it to make payments that say Buy Online, Pay In Store.
- It only works if the retailer you purchase products from accepts MasterCard payments.
- You can pay money from your PayPal wallet using your PayPal Key.
- If you wish for any refunds or disputes against your purchases, you can visit the Paypal Resolution Center to resolve your issues.
Benefits And Drawbacks Of Using PayPal Key
The primary pros and cons of using this key are:
- You can use it at retailers that do not accept PayPal payments
- It’s a safe payment method with cards online since it’s linked to your PayPal wallet.
- Your transactions are protected using PayPal Purchase Protection encryptions.
- Only works in places that accept MasterCard
- You can only use money from your PayPal wallet.
Conclusion: PayPal Key Lets You Shop Anywhere!
The use of the PayPal Key has been advantageous for many users because it allows them to pay their bills using this key using it as a virtual credit or debit card linked with their PayPal wallet. If the shop accepts MasterCard, you can use your PayPal key!
For more information, you can contact me through the comments below!
Debamalya is a professional content writer from Kolkata, India. Constantly improving himself in this industry for more than three years, he has amassed immense knowledge regarding his niches of writing tech and gaming articles. He loves spending time with his cats, along with playing every new PC action game as soon as possible.