To know how long is Walmart orientation, you will need to understand the employee orientation system in Walmart. However, to say in short, Walmart employee orientation generally does not take more than two days. In some cases, Walmart employee orientation can also get completed in almost eight hours by dividing the hours into two sessions, each of four hours.
Although the Walmart employee orientation process is quite flexible and free from any blocks, Walmart tries to maintain this process in a strict manner. To know in detail about the employee orientation process at Walmart and how long is Walmart orientation, you will need to read this article to the end. Furthermore, in this article, you will also get a good amount of information about the process of hiring at Walmart.
Walmart Employee Orientation
We know that you are looking to get shortlisted for your next job at Walmart. Furthermore, you want to know how long is orientation at Walmart. However, you will also need to keep in mind that Walmart has a strict process for hiring new candidates.
Walmart is a huge organization, and it gets an application from a large and diverse candidate population. The candidates that apply for a job at Walmart are in thousands. Hence, Walmart has to make its hiring process strict.
Hence, how long is a Walmart orientation, say in your case, depends on the type of job you have applied for. If you have applied for a management post, it will, of course, take a bit more time than an executive post. So, you need to have patience and wait for the official mail from the employer.
How Long Is Walmart Orientation, And What Is It Like?
If you are a candidate who has applied for employment at Walmart, then it is essential for you to know the process of Walmart employee orientation. You will need to know all the details of the process of Walmart orientation. However, you will also need to understand that the orientation process at Walmart is strict, but it is free from hassles and is quite flexible.
Walmart Orientation Process
The orientation program at Walmart aims at familiarizing new and future employees of the company with the environment and work processes of the company. Furthermore, the employees also come to know of the significant structure, workflow, and the way the entire system and the departments of Walmart work.
Furthermore, Walmart’s employee orientation process enables new and future employees to get acquainted with their responsibilities and the work processes of the organization. Apart from that, employees also get to know their peers and try to build a relationship with them.
To get acquainted with the organization, the supervisors of the employee assist them in getting them to familiarize themselves with the environment. The employee also gets a taste of the company culture and knows in detail how their respective departments work. There are also interrogation sessions in the organization, with the mentors, for the employees.
Hiring Process At Walmart
The following are the stages that a general executive of the company has to go through in the process of hiring at Walmart:
1. Application: Here, an employee makes an online application either online or through a Walmart hiring campaign. The application form is available on the careers page on the official website of Walmart. While filling up the form, you must ensure that you follow all the given instructions correctly.
2. Online Assessment: After you have applied online or through a hiring campaign at Walmart, your application will get reviewed and evaluated. The process of evaluation is different, depending on the type of job you have applied for.
3. Interviews: Depending on the position you applied for, you will have to clear multiple interviews. In most cases, it is only two interviews. If you have applied for a job at Walmart, prepare to face multi-faceted and tricky questions, which can make the interview process a bit complicated for you. In such a case, we recommend you keep calm and be truthful with your answers.
4. The Process Of Orientation: After you have cleared the interview, background tests, and medical tests at Walmart, you will be called for orientation at a Walmart workplace.
Depending on the position you have applied for, the process of orientation will be different for you in different cases. The entire process of exposure will involve various training sessions, where you will have the chance to get familiar with the work environment of Walmart.
An important note here is that if you have been called for the Walmart employee orientation process, you have cleared all the interviews and cracked every stage. However, there is a slight chance of disqualification, even after the orientation, if you fail to provide proper documentation regarding yourself.
The training processes at Walmart’s employee orientation include communication training, sales training, company culture introduction, safety guidance, information related to the dress code, and many more.
Orientation Length- How Long Is Walmart Orientation?
Here are a few things to note regarding the timings of Walmart employee orientation:
- The orientation process, at most, lasts for two to three days.
- The first day involves documentation and background check, as well as an introduction to the managers and employees.
- The second day consists in offering your various essential pieces of training and workplace procedures.
- On the third day, you will come across the case-based learning modules, and you will also have to understand the alcohol compliance module.
Hope we have answered your question on how long is Walmart orientation. Generally, Walmart orientation does not take more than two days. However, in other cases, Walmart orientation gets completed even in a day’s work, that is, within eight hours.
As you read all the crucial information about Walmart employee orientation and its process of hiring, you will now be able to get prepared and feel confident. If the hiring team from Walmart has already informed you that you have been selected, then you do not need to worry. Relax, and you will soon get an official mail about the orientation. All the best!
A passionate writer and an avid reader, Soumava is academically inclined and loves writing on topics requiring deep research. Having 3+ years of experience, Soumava also loves writing blogs in other domains, including digital marketing, business, technology, travel, and sports.