If you live in Thailand, chances are that you own a car. That’s not surprising, given the country’s low rates of public transportation and large cities with traffic jams that can cause delays of several hours a day.
If you want to keep your car safe and legal while driving around in Bangkok or any other part of the country, it’s important to make sure that you have adequate auto insurance coverage.
Auto insurance protects your vehicle against damage or theft and covers third-party property damage, injury liability, and legal expenses arising from an accident involving someone else’s vehicle.
It can also help get back on the road faster if your car is stolen by paying for repairs without waiting for reimbursement from an insurance company.
Here Are Five Prime Reasons Why You Need A Car Insurance In Thailand:
1. Car Insurance Protects Your Vehicle
There are two primary reasons you need car insurance. First, it protects your car from damage caused by an accident or theft. If you are in an accident and your car is damaged, it will cover the cost of repairs.
If someone steals your car and damages it or another vehicle or property, then the damage will be paid for as well. Second, some types of car insurance also cover other things like collision coverage which will pay out if there is any damage to a vehicle or property when one collides with another while driving.
The best place to find cheap policies that offer comprehensive coverage (which includes collision) is at local Thai insurance agents who specialize in providing this type of policy for expats living in Thailand.
2. Car Insurance Covers Third-Party Property Damage And Injury
If you are the driver of the vehicle and you hit another car, or damage someone’s property, your insurance will cover any costs. It also covers third-party property damage and injury.
How much it covers: Up to THB 500,000 for third-party property damage and injury per accident. The maximum amount of coverage that can be obtained depends on the type of policy you have purchased. If a claim is made against your policy, it is important that you make sure that your insurer has not already paid out more than their limit for this type of claim in relation to other incidents (this is usually known as an “excess”).
For example, if an accident involves both private cars and motorcycles involved then there may be two separate policies covering each car or motorcycle respectively – so it would be wise to check with your insurer before making any claims as they could potentially reject any further payments if they had exceeded their maximum level of cover under those policies.
3. Car Insurance Protects You From Legal Liability
If you are involved in an accident, it is important to understand the following:
- You are legally liable for any damage to other people’s vehicles or injury to other people. This means that if you cause a collision and another motorist gets injured or their car is damaged, you will be held responsible for paying for the damages. If you don’t have insurance, then this costs money out of your own pocket.
- The insurance company will cover these expenses on your behalf. As long as you have purchased comprehensive coverage with sufficient coverage limits, then the insurance company will pay these claims on your behalf. However, they will only do so if the accident was not caused by willful actions such as drunk driving or intentionally dangerous behavior (e.g., speeding). If it was caused by willful actions and/or negligence then none of those costs will be covered under liability policies but rather personal injury protection policies (more on that later).
4. Car Insurance Can Protect Against The Costs Of Theft
Car insurance can help you get back on the road faster if your car is stolen.
If your vehicle is stolen, a good insurance policy will cover the cost of replacing it with a comparable new or used model. But what if the only car you can afford to replace it with is one that’s older and less reliable? With some insurance policies, you’ll be able to buy a new car even if it’s not as nice as yours was before.
A good insurance policy can also cover other expenses like:
- The cost of temporary transportation while your totaled vehicle is being repaired or replaced
- Loss of income while you’re waiting for repairs to be completed
5. Car Insurance Can Help You Get Back On The Road Faster If Your Car Is Stolen
If your car is stolen, it can help you get back on the road faster. If you have comprehensive insurance and are able to prove that your vehicle was stolen, then you will be able to claim for the loss of use of your vehicle.
Understanding when car repossession may occur is an important part of car insurance claim. If the car thief does not return or cause any damage to your vehicle during or after taking possession of it, then you may be eligible for a replacement car from one of our partner dealerships.
If you live in Thailand, it’s important to remember that your car insurance is also an investment in keeping yourself safe. Without it, you could find yourself responsible for paying for injuries sustained by others or damaged property. However, if you have the right policy, this won’t be a problem. So do yourself a favor and get insured before driving out on the road!
Abdul Aziz Mondol is a professional blogger who is having a colossal interest in writing blogs and other jones of calligraphies. In terms of his professional commitments, he loves to share content related to business, finance, technology, and the gaming niche.